Hartford InsurTech Hub, powered by Startupbootcamp, announces its 2020 cohort of startups. In a surprising turn of events, Hartford InsurTech Hub selected eleven startups for their cohort. The past two cohorts have consisted of ten innovative startups, and with the help of the Hub’s partners, the accelerator program decided to select eleven companies to relocate to Hartford this coming February. The startups selected possess a wide range of capabilities supporting health and property-casualty insurers.
The 11 successful entrepreneurs, who were selected from over 350 applications from 57 countries, will relocate to the city of Hartford for the accelerator program in February of 2020. These startups will be living in the capital city for three months as they embark on Hartford InsurTech Hub’s Accelerator Program. Eight of these companies are from the United States and one from each South Africa, Canada, and India.
Startups will participate in a wide variety of workshops, which will focus on topics ranging from marketing to IP law to business development. These workshops will change the way the teams understand the insurance ecosystem. There will also be introductions to industry leaders and investors who are interested in helping the startups grow their business. Hartford InsurTech Hub gives startups access to a powerhouse of partners, mentors, and investors, utilizing the accelerator’s global network.
The 11 startups selected to join the Hub’s acceleration program for its third year will work closely with insurers and collaborating partners Aetna, Capgemini, Conning, Cigna, The Hartford, Launc[H]artford, Travelers, InsurBot, LKP Global Law, Locke Lord LLP, USAA, White Mountains. We welcome the following :
- Stable Insurance: (stableins.com) Stable Insurance is a distribution and analytics platform for consumers of commercial auto insurance. Stable focuses on the rideshare and on-demand economy/mobility segment of the commercial auto space. They allow customers to quickly get a policy for any vehicle in their fleet and offer risk analytics to better understand their risk profile. Stable Insurance will be coming to Hartford from New York City.
- Digisure Insurance Solution: (digisure.ai) Digisure’s technology platform provides Insurance-as-a-Service to digital platforms that have trust, safety or liability factors. Their APIs provide identity authentication, generates risk profiles for participants, develop risk scoring, a decision engine for underwriting rules and dynamic pricing for individual transactions, delivers protection packages, and handles claims. Digisure is coming to Hartford from San Francisco, California.
- iPill: (ipilldispenser.com) The iPill is a digital health, mHealth, and hardware system. The App controls a secure storage safe disposal dispenser to prevent opioid abuse and diversion. An integrated wearable sensor calls 911 if respiratory distress is detected. A CBT module distracts opioid use and iPill uses blockchain for data storage. iPill will be relocating to Hartford from Los Angeles, California.
- EDLORE: (edlore.com) EDLORE is a platform to view 3D images that provide a platform for O&Ms, 3D/AR, part numbers, videos, pictures, animations, etc. EDLORE will be coming to Hartford from Dana Point, California.
- TauruSeer: (tauruseer.com) The archaic Governance, Risk, and Compliance approach to risk management are insufficient as companies grapple with myriad ‘point solutions’ and tools amid a false sense of security. Instead, they need an Integrated Risk Management Platform that aligns with modern cybersecurity architecture, their management objectives of Secure DevOps, and next-gen governance to deliver business goals. TauruSeer will be coming to Hartford from Jacksonville, Florida.
- UDoTest: (udotest.com) UDoTest is a B2B at-home disease testing SaaS Platform. UDoTest can detect disease risk early, improve the consumer experience, cut costs, improve the underwriting process and increase sales. UDoTest is from Boston, Massachusetts.
- Allganize: (allganize.ai) Insurance companies are getting millions of calls, and over half of those are ‘how-to’ questions, many of which are answered in the documentation. Customers rather not do something that takes time and effort, like reading instructions, manuals, FAQ documents. Allganize’s AI automatically finds the answer from myriads of documents. They will be coming from Oakland, California.
- Mitigateway: (mitigateway.com) Engineers are employed to physically inspect properties only for insurers of large specialty risks with high premiums. Engineer’s reports are used to reduce claims. Mitigateway is applying the specialty insurers model to the commodity insurer market. Mitigateway is coming from Toronto, Canada.
- Wysa: (wysa.io) 1 in 4 people will suffer mental distress. Wysa is an early intervention for high-risk populations (students, maternal health, high-stress workplaces). Similar to a journal, Wysa builds insights and shares techniques with its users and Wysa also offers real therapists for further support. Wysa is coming to Hartford from Bangalore, India.
- InvestSure: (investsure.info) InvestSure created a world-first insurance product supported by global reinsurer Hannover Re. The product is parametric and protects investors from losses in the share price which are caused by allegations of management dishonesty (including accounting fraud, bribery, etc). InvestSure will be coming to Hartford from Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Livindi: (livindi.com) Livindi is a platform of software, sensors, and services that enable seniors to live independently. Livindi is coming from Wayland, Massachusetts.
The City of Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin congratulated the startups that participated in Selection Days and described Hartford as a “place with an unbelievable concentration of companies eager to partner and work with innovative companies.” He urged the 11 companies selected to return in February to “take root here and think of Hartford as your home for the long term.” He noted that insurance industry leaders are partnering across sectors, adding that “our doors are open, and we’re ready to sit down with you at any time.”